Teaspoons

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
PW333abc

Teaspoons

Post by PW333abc »

Hello!

I would be very grateful for help. I have 6 teaspoons. I wonder if it is silver, who is the silversmith, year of manufacture and place?

Best regards

Per

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Teaspoons

Post by dognose »

Hi,

For an overview of Hamburg marks, see: https://www.925-1000.com/Fger_hamburg_01.html

Trev.
PW333abc

Post by PW333abc »

dognose wrote:Hi,

For an overview of Hamburg marks, see: https://www.925-1000.com/Fger_hamburg_01.html

Trev.
Hello!

Thank you so much for the answer and the link. Can Böttger be the silversmith? I can not find him anywhere. What is the right mark for something?

Best regards

Per
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

The Assay Master letter in mark 1 appears to be A (for Schaeffer) which would narrow the time frame...can you confirm that that visually? The maker would be mark 3, a concession number which seems indeterminate from the damage so far. Mark 2, Bottger, would be explained in the text header in the link...not the maker, but provided for him.
PW333abc

Post by PW333abc »

Traintime wrote:The Assay Master letter in mark 1 appears to be A (for Schaeffer) which would narrow the time frame...can you confirm that that visually? The maker would be mark 3, a concession number which seems indeterminate from the damage so far. Mark 2, Bottger, would be explained in the text header in the link...not the maker, but provided for him.
Hello!

Thank you very much for the answer. I wonder about the current mark 1. So there is an A under the tower? Then it's Jacob N. W. Schaeffer who is the assay master? Unfortunately, it is unclear, but it looks like an A. Unfortunately, mark 3 is unclear. Then I know that mark 3 is the silversmiths mark. Please explain what you mean regarding Bottger or Böttger. Is it a silversmith?

Best regards

Per
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Bottger [rectangular cartouche] = the mark of "a master of the Hamburg guild" -> so, Yes a silversmith is expected for this name. But he did not do the actual work, only accepted it from the concessionaire...like subcontracting to a small shop.
PW333abc

Post by PW333abc »

Traintime wrote:Bottger [rectangular cartouche] = the mark of "a master of the Hamburg guild" -> so, Yes a silversmith is expected for this name. But he did not do the actual work, only accepted it from the concessionaire...like subcontracting to a small shop.
Hello!

Thank you very much for the answer. Then I understand.

Best Regards

Per

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”