Rosebud Sterling Baby Spoons

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
admin
Site Admin

Rosebud Sterling Baby Spoons

Post by admin »

Hello All,
I'm trying to track down the maker that uses this "Rosebud" trademark. I've only seen it on sterling silver baby & child flatware that looks to date from the mid twentieth century. Does anyone know them?
Thanks, Tom
byron mac donald

Post by byron mac donald »

Hi Tom-

Doing a google search; I see a lot of childrens flatware made by Reed and Barton called Rosebud, but there is no closeup of the mark. What does the pattern look like?

Regards- Byron
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Byron,
Thanks for the tip, checked it out but it doesn't match R&B's Rosebud pattern or the Saart Bros. pattern of the same name.
I've already forgotten exactly what it looked like, it's been two days:), but it was fairly plain and slightly angular.

Regards, Tom
terrdave

Post by terrdave »

Hi,
We have a child's fork with the "Rosebud" trademark that we purchased long ago. Here are two photos showing the entire fork (4 1/8" long), and the pattern a bit better. We are not sure if they produced other patterns as well. Hopefully someone else can help further.

Regards,
Terry

kerangoumar
contributor

Post by kerangoumar »

Rosebud is given as the name of the company that made this pattern, discontinued in about 1950. it will be happy hunting for someone to track down the company.
Traintime
contributor

Re: Rosebud Sterling Baby Spoons

Post by Traintime »

Well, site for Rosebud Perfume mentions silverware among company premiums: rosebudperfume.com/history

Might this be a lead?

Return to “American Sterling & Coin Silver - Single Image”