Sterling mark never seen before:

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Ssharktu17

Sterling mark never seen before:

Post by Ssharktu17 »

Can anyone help with this ID: [link removed by moderator - please read our rules concerning items for sale]

Looks like a native american cant really tell.
Ssharktu17

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Post by Ssharktu17 »

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

dognose wrote:The below should help you:

How to Add Images

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

Thank you! Image
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

One more its a flatware set: Image
silverly

Post by silverly »

The manufacturer is International. You can look them up under American marks above.
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

silverly wrote:The manufacturer is International. You can look them up under American marks above.
International sterling? Do you know the pattern?
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

I cant find any similar pieces of flatware with a hallmark like that. I wonder if it is one of their older sets.
silverly

Post by silverly »

If you keep at it, I'm pretty sure you'll come across it by surfing the internet. My reference book for patterns has been misplaced in a move or I would look it up for you. Eventually, someone will probably see this post and find the pattern for you. A sharper image of the pattern you are interested in could be helpful.
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

silverly wrote:If you keep at it, I'm pretty sure you'll come across it by surfing the internet. My reference book for patterns has been misplaced in a move or I would look it up for you. Eventually, someone will probably see this post and find the pattern for you. A sharper image of the pattern you are interested in could be helpful.
They are being delivered to me soon. Ill have updates. Very excited about this set!
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

Closest international sterling I could find to it is Van Dyke.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

The pattern of the majority is Wilcox & Evertsen/International Silver's 'Beverly', introduced in 1910, the seafood forks appear to be the same maker's 'Lady Betty' pattern, introduced in 1920 - but your image is so fuzzy, hard to tell...

~Cheryl
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

dragonflywink wrote:The pattern of the majority is Wilcox & Evertsen/International Silver's 'Beverly', introduced in 1910, the seafood forks appear to be the same maker's 'Lady Betty' pattern, introduced in 1920 - but your image is so fuzzy, hard to tell...

~Cheryl
That is definitely it! Thank you so much! I think you are right on both of them.

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”