Kassel Immaculata frame

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Cezary

Kassel Immaculata frame

Post by Cezary »

Hi! Can anyone help me with identifying the maker's mark and dating this frame for Immaculata marble relief? Image
Theoderich
contributor

Re: Kassel Immaculata frame

Post by Theoderich »

Cezary wrote:Hi! Can anyone help me with identifying the maker's mark and dating this frame for Immaculata marble relief?

this is indeed a very interesting Question.
I can not find this variation of hallmark. The hallmark looks overstruct and there are two Letters an A over M? But the hape of this mark looks noct like the other A or M-marks.

About the maker (IH) or (HI).
There was a Bijouterie-Arbeiter, Hofjuwelier (23.5.1801) Johann Friedrich Heydenreich. * ca. 1769 and he was a
maker out of the "Zunft" on 26.5.1797.
+ 16.2.1815

This makers mark is not in Scheffler and not in the book of R. Neuhaus "Kasseler Silber".
Theoderich
contributor

Post by Theoderich »

It is indeed confusing. The letters are not known in this form and it looks as if the A was subsequently stamped. The rest of the BZ is also unusual and a HI or IH brand is not yet known. It is quite possible that these marks were later applied to this mirror and have nothing to do with the manufacturer.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Letter A of this form is often seen on Vienna silver as the secondary mark; it was indiscriminately used, not as import mark, just randomly, and as said, at a later date.
Regards

Return to “German Silver”