Beautiful 800 silver tray

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AllSeasons

Beautiful 800 silver tray

Post by AllSeasons »

First, can one of the admins please kindly move this to the right forum? I unfortunately have no idea which country this came from, only that it appears European. Hence I posted it in this forum; apologies for any inconvenience.

Here are some images of the 800 tray and the marks. One of the marks appears to show "0.800", and another one says "M.R". I could not make out what it said in the other cartouche. This to me doesn't appear to be usual silver marks, but more like an artist's signature. Has anyone seen this mark/signature before? Thank you in advance!

oel
co-admin

Re: Beautiful 800 silver tray

Post by oel »

It is German, right side image you find the crown and crescent moon, the "crowned P" see: Hanau, Georg Roth Co.
https://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_hanau_marks_01.html

"0.800", and "M.R" retailers mark and perhaps Belgian.

Peter.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, just offering a possibility, but "0.800" rather than "800" can also be found on Swiss pieces. To my knowledge designer's monograms or names are never to be found on Hanau-like pieces like that, so I rather suspect a retailer, too. Regards Bahner
AllSeasons

Post by AllSeasons »

Oops, I completely missed the other set of marks! Now I feel stupid, LOL! Thank you both for your replies.

Return to “German Silver”