Augsburg dish.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Wolfend

Re: Augsburg dish.

Post by Wolfend »

oel wrote:Hi Gábor,

If I understand it correctly you bought this dish at auction, and the description of the auction house stated; made by Neresheimer?

Peter.
Dear Peter.
I bought it at an antique store.
I really liked it.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

OK Gábor, and I guess the antique shop did not mentioned the name of Neresheimer.

To my knowledge Augsburg applied the town mark only once and not twice on a single object. Why two Austrian Repunze tax exemption marks on a single object without removable/hinged parts?

Peter.
Wolfend

Post by Wolfend »

oel wrote:OK Gábor, and I guess the antique shop did not mentioned the name of Neresheimer.

To my knowledge Augsburg applied the town mark only once and not twice on a single object. Why two Austrian Repunze tax exemption marks on a single object without removable/hinged parts?

Peter.
Dear Péter.

I'm afraid I don't know.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Gábor,

Is it possible to clean all the marks and after show us some clear enhanced images of the marks? The high quality of the dish is obvious but without clear images of all marks it is impossible to judge, pseudo or not. The best thing would be to ask professional advise of an renowned expert. Afterwards be so kind to inform the forum of his opinion. Thanks.

Regards,

Peter
Wolfend

Post by Wolfend »

oel wrote:Hi Gábor,

Is it possible to clean all the marks and after show us some clear enhanced images of the marks? The high quality of the dish is obvious but without clear images of all marks it is impossible to judge, pseudo or not. The best thing would be to ask professional advise of an renowned expert. Afterwards be so kind to inform the forum of his opinion. Thanks.

Regards,

Peter
Dear Peter.

Thanks, I'll be back soon.
Regards.
Gábor
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
I had to engage again.
Summary: the dish was bought in Vienna.Another identical dish is offered online by Dutch online auction house, fortunately disclosed by Peter (description in French), and the dish is still available in Düsseldorf ,Germany (Friederich-Ebert-Str. 11+12). (The name of the antique dealer is not disclosed, so I am not breaking any rules of the forum).
Conclusion: two identical Hanau silver pieces by Neresheimer appeared at the same time 1000 km apart (Vienna and Düsseldorf). Having in mind perfect match of details, they are made with the same press, possibly only hand finished.
Please, try to think logically.Finally, a quote by a British expert on Chinese pottery; ``Enthusiasm is not a method of judgment``
Regards

legrandmogol
contributor

Post by legrandmogol »

If you are referring to the Dish Peter posted, it was listed at the Auction House ' Drouot' which is the French auction house Hotel Drouot, the auction ended last year. I cannot find another one of these dishes except for that one and this one (where even the markings look to be identically placed). I am not saying it is not true but as far as I am concerned, seeing goes a long way toward believing. I would also love to see the two identical Hanau pieces you are referring to. If you are worried about posting these items then PM me.
I will happily admit that Peter makes a good point about there being two Augsburg and Tax marks which is not normal for genuine pieces that aren't comprised of multiple pieces.
I think you might do well to take your own advice about enthusiasm and slow down in your answers and research. I don't mean to be rude but I question if you have any actual hands-on experience with 17th-century silver. It was only in November of last year you eagerly agreed that a spoon that was clearly mid 18th century was made in 1644 (over 50 years before the French model it was inspired by was even invented). I always have a hard time taking anything you say seriously without hard evidence after that. Not to mention your petulant tirade when I wanted info on my Danzig box (where you were once again unapologetically rude).
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

If you are referring to the Dish Peter posted, it was listed at the Auction House ' Drouot' which is the French auction house Hotel Drouot
Item location Friederich-Ebert-Str. 11+12 - 40210 Düsseldorf - Allemagne
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Ag2012,
To play the ball. Please show us the entry of this 2nd dish of Samson fighting the lion. I tried the address given without positive result. Thanks for your cooperation.

Peter.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Full info of Hargesheimer is available when one logs in with name and password.

I sent a private message with their email address and website.
Have a nice evening
Wolfend

Post by Wolfend »

Hi.

There are new photos.

Return to “German Silver”