German 800 silver harp

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AllSeasons

German 800 silver harp

Post by AllSeasons »

I just purchased a silver collection. I was able to decipher some of the marks, but I'm having trouble with the rest, with this being one of them. I searched through the site database, but couldn't find anything similar. This is a German 800 silver harp, measuring just shy of 3 inches long. I believe it's just decorative, as I cannot discern any functional use for this item. It's marked with the crescent moon/crown and 800 on the back, but I could not decipher the last mark. Quite a few pieces in the collection are German Hanau, so I wonder if this one is also. Any insight would be appreciated.

Images are below. Thank you in advance.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: German 800 silver harp

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Perhaps your photohost is down at the moment, but, for me, your images are not showing.

Trev.
AllSeasons

Post by AllSeasons »

dognose wrote:Hi,

Perhaps your photohost is down at the moment, but, for me, your images are not showing.

Trev.
Sorry about that! I used ImgBB. It's working for me, but I did run into the website not being responsive when I first tried uploading the images.

I uploaded them to a different one. Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Yes, they are all showing now.

Trev.
AllSeasons

Post by AllSeasons »

Great, thanks! I also recognize the marks are not the clearest in the image. What I saw with a loupe was a shield divided into 3 parts with a "T". The upper part appears to say "G.R" or "G.P" in script. The bottom left resembles the Karl Kurz mark with 3 K's or maybe 3 X's. The bottom right contains and "H", I believe. I've never seen anything like this before. I'm also wondering if it could be a combined mark between Georg Roth, Karl Kurz, and someone else, though I don't know if they ever did it like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “German Silver”