Trying to identify unknown German maker's marker - similar to Doublina-Besteckfabrik

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
NYNY

Maker and pattern ID help please

Post by NYNY »

I am looking to identify the maker and pattern name of a family flatware pattern. I it is German, 800 silver, and, because of the Deco design, perhaps from the 1920s. Pictures can be found here:

(admin photo edit)

Many thanks for any leads.
NYNY

Trying to identify unknown German maker's marker - similar to Doublina-Besteckfabrik

Post by NYNY »

My mother inherited a partial set of hallmarked German 800 silver flatware from her parents. The pieces are marked with the German crescent moon, crown and 800, plus an incised maker's mark that I haven't been able to identify.

The mark looks somewhat like the Doublina Besteckfabrik mark with the incised pagent-like shape, but none of the pieces have a letter inside (even though there would be room for a larger lettered mark). Did Doublina ever make pieces using the same mark but without the D? If not, does anyone know what company used this mark?

An image of the mark and an image of a knife and fork can be viewed here (no sign-in required):

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=F30 ... q6eKfJrv9I

Any help would be much appreciated.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Trying to identify unknown German maker's marker - similar to Doublina-Besteckfabrik

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Always embed your images.

Trev.
NYNY

Re: Trying to identify unknown German maker's marker - similar to Doublina-Besteckfabrik

Post by NYNY »

Thank you!

Return to “German Silver”