German or Italy?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Wolfend
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

German or Italy?

Postby Wolfend » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi!

Please help!
Non hallmarking silver.
Why?
F. X. DUTZENBERG GREFELD Makers and PAPSTLICHES KUNST - INSTITUT
where and for what purpose it was made?

Rome 720, via Nomentana 118?

I am interested in all information.

Image
Image
Image

AG2012
contributor
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

Re: German or Italy?

Postby AG2012 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,
Franz Xavier Dutzenberg was a silversmith in Krefeld, Germany, founded 1849. Spelling Crefeld on your chalice was used before 1925.
Those are vessels for holy communion; paten and chalice (a plate used for holding the bread during the Eucharist and sometimes as a cover for the chalice.)
Regards

Wolfend
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

Re: German or Italy?

Postby Wolfend » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm

AG2012 wrote:Hi,
Franz Xavier Dutzenberg was a silversmith in Krefeld, Germany, founded 1849. Spelling Crefeld on your chalice was used before 1925.
Those are vessels for holy communion; paten and chalice (a plate used for holding the bread during the Eucharist and sometimes as a cover for the chalice.)
Regards


Thank you!
Why is the papal symbol on it?
And why can't I find a similar item from the manufacturer?
Regards.

AG2012
contributor
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

Re: German or Italy?

Postby AG2012 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:47 pm

The firm made items for the church, including silver and textile, as well as secular items made of other metals.
I am not familiar with their production linked to catholic church and the Vatican.
Hopefully, somebody will shed more light.
Not everything we Google for is available online right now.
regards

Wolfend
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

Re: German or Italy?

Postby Wolfend » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 pm

AG2012 wrote:The firm made items for the church, including silver and textile, as well as secular items made of other metals.
I am not familiar with their production linked to catholic church and the Vatican.
Hopefully, somebody will shed more light.
Not everything we Google for is available online right now.
regards


Thanks!
It's also weird that it's not Hallmarks.
Regards.

Wolfend
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

Re: German or Italy?

Postby Wolfend » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:00 am

Wolfend wrote:
AG2012 wrote:The firm made items for the church, including silver and textile, as well as secular items made of other metals.
I am not familiar with their production linked to catholic church and the Vatican.
Hopefully, somebody will shed more light.
Not everything we Google for is available online right now.
regards


Thanks!
It's also weird that it's not Hallmarks.
Regards.


Hi.
I found this one item on the net.
(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

Regards.


Return to “German Silver”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests