Help with the mark, please...

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Reiner K

Help with the mark, please...

Post by Reiner K »

Could someone identify these tea spoons, please. Marker and age.
I have struggled to identify this for quite a long time now. I thought that they were made in France, Bayonne Community, 17 century, ...but I'm not sure because the mark is somewhat different.
Does anyone recognize the symbol? Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Reiner

AG2012
contributor

Re: Help with the mark, please...

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
What`s the chance for full set of six spoons to survive almost 400 years intact and together ?
I opt for B. Neresheimer & Sohne, Germany, Hanau,late 19th century.
Regards
Reiner K

Post by Reiner K »

Hello "AG2012" :-)

Thank you very much for a prompt answer, I really apreciate it ... Your hint help me to search through internet and I found no better answer...

I've seen many, many works by B. Neresheimer & Sohne, Hanau but... only one item had the same mark like that on my previous photo with spoons, and that silver mark were nearly 100% identical like on spoons from my photo!!! (see here):
https://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_hanau_marks_01.html

I have also found nearly the same marks on items from other marker. Look here: http://www.silvercollection.it/germansi ... arks4.html
- Friedrich Reusswig, Hanau and Wolf & Knell, Hanau

Generally, on items with marks Germany/Hanau there are many, many other marks but on "my" spoons there are two only...

Regards,
Reiner
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Right, Hanau silversmiths sometimes used similar or the same marks.Full set of their marks is seldom seen, most of the time one mark is enough for positive identification.
Regards
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

Hello
Agree that neither the style of the spoons, or the size and placement of the mark have anything to do with French production.
Regards.

Return to “German Silver”