info on german box ,angel blowing trumpet on lid.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
gsmoggy

info on german box ,angel blowing trumpet on lid.

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Members
I have this small box,the marks are not very clear,except for the number 13 ,I understand this is for 13loth,can anyone give me more info on the other marks?

Regards Guido.
gsmoggy

Re: info on german box ,angel blowing trumpet on lid.

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi members
I notice I have not had any replies on this box,I just noticed that the number 1 seems to be facing the wrong way,is this unusual? another thought I had are the Chinese copying these style of boxes? is this German or Chinese? has anyone seen the number the wrong way around on German boxes?

Regards Guido.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, believe we all have the same problem here - the pics are very light and a little fuzzy. Hard to tell what we are seeing. Better pictures might help. My first thought was German, too, but that is really just a gut feeling, don't quote me on this. You are right, the 13 or rather the 1 only is the wrong way around. Have never seen it like this, I find it irritating. This would not happen to a German maker, I believe, so it could point in the direction you mentioned. Regards and "einen guten Rutsch" (rouhly: safely slide into the new year), Bahner
gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Bahner
Thank you for your opinion about my box,It was not one of most expensive buys ,so it does not really matter if it is German or Chinese (would prefer old German pre 1888 with right 13 loth mark naturally ).

I have added different photos hope they are better, the mark is hard get clear.
Regards and a Happy New Year to you.

Return to “German Silver”