Probably French

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Kirils
contributor

Probably French

Post by Kirils »

Hello. Have this beautiful art nouveau set, which is probably from France in my opinion, but it was imported to the Russian Empire. Does anyone know this second mark? This is the best photo that I could take. To me, it looks like a feeding dog or a wolf. I saw this mark a long time ago, but don't remember where.

silverfan
contributor

Re: Probably French

Post by silverfan »

it is German, exported to Russia, produced since 1900 by Koch & Bergfeld, Bremen and designed by Hugo Leven, model no. 25600, also called "Bremer Lilie". There is no maker's mark. The standing bear, often discussed in this forum, is supposed to be the mark for silver 875 (like in Switzerland). The other mark is the russian import mark for Riga.
Regards silverfan
Kirils
contributor

Re: Probably French

Post by Kirils »

silverfan wrote:it is German, exported to Russia, produced since 1900 by Koch & Bergfeld, Bremen and designed by Hugo Leven, model no. 25600, also called "Bremer Lilie". There is no maker's mark. The standing bear, often discussed in this forum, is supposed to be the mark for silver 875 (like in Switzerland). The other mark is the russian import mark for Riga.
Regards silverfan
Thank you a lot. Never thought that it could be Germany.

Return to “German Silver”