Researching maker - 20 VA - of Italian gold bracelet

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Marishka

Researching maker - 20 VA - of Italian gold bracelet

Post by Marishka »

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I'm researching an 18k bracelet marked FF - 750 - 20 VA
With the help of this website and forum I've got it down to someone in Varese between 1944 and 1968/71 but have hit a wall. (Yes, I did check all 130 pages of the Italian makers section!)

Also, there seems to be a rough patch between the 20 and the VA - could this be an older stamp altered to the new form? Is this a "known" thing?

Many thanks for reading!
Marishka

Re: Researching maker - 20 VA - of Italian gold bracelet

Post by Marishka »

...and I've already found out some more - Cerutti and Fare, Cassano Magnano, run by Emidio Fare and Rina Bossi. Est 1935 or before, dissolved, theoretically, in 1958 when Bossi was granted 116 VA by himself. Can't find any stamp evidence for Emidio Fare continuing but he is listed in a retail guide as a goldsmith and there is a still a retail shop bearing his name in the same locale:

Emidio Fare, Goldsmith
Via Bonicalza Albino, 35
21012 Cassano Magnano (VA)
Tel: 0331.201617

Date on my bracelet seems to be 1944-58 then, and the FF mark I saw must be EF.

by the by, a Luigi Cerutti is the only Cerutti I can find, getting his stamp 115 VA on the same day as Bossi gets his 116. They are only a mile apart in address [so my guess is that an older Cerutti was partnered with Fare in 1935, with Bossi as a junior. Something happened to this older cerutti but his son or grandson maybe worked in the company as a child/young person without recognition on the books. Either he came of age in 1858 or Fare retired, thus ending the original company.] - very much a working theory atm!
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Marishka,

Welcome to the forums and although you have done the work images are still required.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Oel.
ionicorder

Post by ionicorder »

Surely too late for Marishka but for anyone else coming across this while researching FF / 20 VR / 750 marked gold; this is the Filippini brothers (= Fratelli, hence FF) of Verona. The R of the VR is squashed in the corner of the lozenge-shaped mark so easily mistaken for an A. Their mark was registered on 22/04/1938, and since 1984 the business has also operated under the 'Gemma Gioielli' (= gem jewellery) brand incorporating precious stones, but also as a manufacturing goldsmith for outside artists, still using the FF and 20 VR marks. Probably best known for their 40s and 50s style woven gold necklaces, bracelets and watch straps.

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”