J Trident A The State Of Texas American Sterling Money Clip Hallmark Identification

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ADRIANOS2017

J Trident A The State Of Texas American Sterling Money Clip Hallmark Identification

Post by ADRIANOS2017 »

Hello Everyone. I own an money clip made of sterling silver ''The State Of Texas and 3 stars'' but is hard for me to find informations about the hallmark and item as well. After several hours of research online i gave up and my last option was to ask experts on this forum about this nice item... I add here 2 photos of the item and hallmark. Im not intend to sell it, as i collect silver items. The informations are pure for my own knowlede. Thank you very much for your time and help in advance !!

dognose
Site Admin

Re: J Trident A The State Of Texas American Sterling Money Clip Hallmark Identification

Post by dognose »

Hi,

That's locally made by James Avery.

Trev.
ADRIANOS2017

Re: J Trident A The State Of Texas American Sterling Money Clip Hallmark Identification

Post by ADRIANOS2017 »

hey Trev, thanks for fast reply !

So is like an special order by someone? or just a limited number of pieces made by Avery?

Thanks !
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

No, I suspect they were made in some numbers.

James Avery Craftsman, Inc. is quite a big outfit, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ave ... an_Jewelry

Trev.
ADRIANOS2017

Post by ADRIANOS2017 »

Thanks again Trev,

thats mean i get a very nice item. i get it from eBay from a 2 feedback seller. he didnt mention nothing abot hallmark or photo the hallmark and also the photos was very blury. i guess i just had a pure luck in this hunt. i was at risk as well, knowing the buyer protection in place, so yeah... risk and win. This is go in my collection and my sun will benefit of it in 16 years, when he make 18.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

all the best, the post can be closed !

Stay safe in those crazy times Trev, and all the users in this forum !!!
silverly

Post by silverly »

For what it's worth, they're large as was mentioned, very popular and expensive.

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”