Hallmarks E/Lion/Anchor on unusual old sterling spoon

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
novice

Hallmarks E/Lion/Anchor on unusual old sterling spoon

Post by novice »

I hope to find some information on this old sterling spoon I found at an estate sale in Orlando, Florida. Hopefully the pictures will give the info needed. The handle has an usually design of a gun and bullets and intertwined letters. I have never posted on a forum before so please be patient with me. I also have close up pictures of the handle design if that will help, but I wasn't sure if it would be okay to post a third picture here or not. Thank you very much for any help/info! What a great site this is!
http://s01.picshome.com/view.php?image=/682/spoon.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

P.W. Ellis & Co. of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In business from 1877 until taken over by Birks in 1928.

Cheryl ;o)
novice

Ellis Silver Spoon

Post by novice »

Thank you so much for the maker info! How interesting that it was made by a Canadian company. I am wondering about the design as well. It has an intertwined letters TRC on the handle and then an embossed design of a revolver and bullets. Someone suggested that maybe it was a special order. I have absolutely no idea, but it intrigues me! I'm hoping it may be familiar to someone out there. Here's larger picture of the design on the handle of the spoon. Thanks so much!
vicmollo

Post by vicmollo »

Neat spoon! Maybe the RC is for a rifle company?? Toronto Rifle Company?? Hope you'll let everyone know when you figure it out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

novice

Post by novice »

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”