Sterling mark never seen before:

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:55 pm

Can anyone help with this ID: [link removed by moderator - please read our rules concerning items for sale]


Looks like a native american cant really tell.

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Image

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 pm


dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 50838
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby dognose » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:13 pm

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm

dognose wrote:The below should help you:

How to Add Images

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.



Thank you! Image
Image

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 pm

One more its a flatware set: Image

silverly
moderator
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby silverly » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:35 pm

The manufacturer is International. You can look them up under American marks above.

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm

silverly wrote:The manufacturer is International. You can look them up under American marks above.


International sterling? Do you know the pattern?

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 pm

I cant find any similar pieces of flatware with a hallmark like that. I wonder if it is one of their older sets.

silverly
moderator
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby silverly » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:35 am

If you keep at it, I'm pretty sure you'll come across it by surfing the internet. My reference book for patterns has been misplaced in a move or I would look it up for you. Eventually, someone will probably see this post and find the pattern for you. A sharper image of the pattern you are interested in could be helpful.

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 pm

silverly wrote:If you keep at it, I'm pretty sure you'll come across it by surfing the internet. My reference book for patterns has been misplaced in a move or I would look it up for you. Eventually, someone will probably see this post and find the pattern for you. A sharper image of the pattern you are interested in could be helpful.


They are being delivered to me soon. Ill have updates. Very excited about this set!

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 pm

Closest international sterling I could find to it is Van Dyke.

dragonflywink
co-admin
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:42 am
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby dragonflywink » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:02 pm

The pattern of the majority is Wilcox & Evertsen/International Silver's 'Beverly', introduced in 1910, the seafood forks appear to be the same maker's 'Lady Betty' pattern, introduced in 1920 - but your image is so fuzzy, hard to tell...

~Cheryl

Ssharktu17
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Re: Sterling mark never seen before:

Postby Ssharktu17 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:09 am

dragonflywink wrote:The pattern of the majority is Wilcox & Evertsen/International Silver's 'Beverly', introduced in 1910, the seafood forks appear to be the same maker's 'Lady Betty' pattern, introduced in 1920 - but your image is so fuzzy, hard to tell...

~Cheryl


That is definitely it! Thank you so much! I think you are right on both of them.


Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests