Need a little help figuring out when and where this was made

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
aimless8787

Need a little help figuring out when and where this was made

Post by aimless8787 »

My dad is going through a rough patch financially so I finally talked him into selling some of the stuff in the attic. We came across this old looking teapot (my mom is sure we have the whole set somewhere else in the attic, just need to find it. I think its silver? not sure... Anyways it has some writing and pictures on the bottom that I hoped you guys (and girls) would recognize to help me learn more about this piece. My grandfather used to travel all over the world collecting odds and ends, my mom *thinks* he got this during a trip to India and Iran during the 60s (she thinks that because he also brought a persian rug home at the same time, but her memory isn't the best. Hopefully these pictures will work. I would be thrilled if one of you could help solve the mystery for us and hopefully its worth enough money to help dad out. Thanks in advance:

silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Need a little help figuring out when and where this was made

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is unfortunately not silver. It is American electroplate and was made by Sheridan Silver Co of Taunton, Massachusetts. They started in business under this name in 1946 so it dates from after that time.

Please remember that we do not discuss values in this forum but that information may be enough for you to continue your research.

Phil
aimless8787

Re: Need a little help figuring out when and where this was made

Post by aimless8787 »

silvermakersmarks wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is unfortunately not silver. It is American electroplate and was made by Sheridan Silver Co of Taunton, Massachusetts. They started in business under this name in 1946 so it dates from after that time.

Please remember that we do not discuss values in this forum but that information may be enough for you to continue your research.

Phil
Aw thats a bummer (I guess- going to check the price now), Thanks so much for the really knowledgeable update though!!!

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”