Images embedded I hope: B&R mark on an American silverplate teapot.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dunse

Images embedded I hope: B&R mark on an American silverplate teapot.

Post by Dunse »

The only American mark I have so far come with is for Brower and Rusher. I suspect that is wrong because they were located in New York and this maker would seem to be in Boston. It is also incomplete for a Brower and Rusher mark. Any help most appreciated.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: B&R mark on an American silverplate teapot.

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
Dunse

Post by Dunse »

Thanks for the reply Trev.

Yes, I mistakingly posted with broken links, apologies. I assume you took down my original post with the working (non-embedded) links. I simply reposted them within the tags but could not get it to work, even with variations and after much effort, and too much time. I no doubt missed some simple, glaring error. I shall blame it on approaching senility!
Please, if you see fit, delete this post and I will give it another shot when time permits. I will try postimages.org and hopefully that will do the trick.

I thought I had previously registered, and maybe even posted, but perhaps that was somewhere else. Anyway, I would like to say I am very grateful for the excellent resource this site is, I have been using it for many years. Thanks so much.

Willie
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Ok, I'm lost as the images are appearing this end. All I can point to is the reference on page 62 of Rainwater/Redfield (Rev. 4th) for Brown, Russell & Barclay of Boston (fine silverplate, retail and replating) which was renamed Brown & Russell in 1868. No marks were shown so perhaps this is a candidate?
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Cheryl placed some info. on Russell in SMP Silver Salon Forums here: https://www.smpub.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003144.html
Dunse

Post by Dunse »

Thanks for your replies Traintime. Brown and Russell does seem like a good lead. I missed the Rainwater entry--too focused on the mark itself!

I have no idea why the photos showed up for you unless it was the original post. Glad you saw them.
Willie
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Images embedded I hope: B&R mark on an American silverplate teapot.

Post by dognose »

The mark in question:

Trev.
Dunse

Post by Dunse »

Thankyou Mark for your help! Here is the teapot.

Dunse

Post by Dunse »

I meant Trev, of course!!

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”