Please help

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
46ridethespiral2

Please help

Post by 46ridethespiral2 »

I have a silver-plated tray that i have been attempting to identify based on the makers' mark to no avail. If anyone knows who made it, i would greatly appreciate it. I can't figure out how to add the image. The mark has an old style key above the word siverplated. The key and the word are both inside what could be an arch over a door, but the arch is not round.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Please help

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
46ridethespiral2

46ridethespiral2 wrote:I have a silver-plated tray that i have been attempting to identify based on the makers' mark to no avail. If anyone knows who made it, i would greatly appreciate it. I can't figure out how to add the image. The mark has an old style key above the word siverplated. The key and the word are both inside what could be an arch over a door, but the arch is not round.
46ridethespiral2

46ridethespiral2 wrote:
46ridethespiral2 wrote:I have a silver-plated tray that i have been attempting to identify based on the makers' mark to no avail. If anyone knows who made it, i would greatly appreciate any info.
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello, no guarantee but I think there is a key in this corroded mark and maybe a "K". Consider "Keystone Silver Co" of Philadelphia.
A near image is shown in out silverplate section.

Fishless
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

An example of one of the marks used by the Keystone Silver Co.:

Trev.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”