LCF or LGF mark under tines on front of fork?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Boshi

LCF or LGF mark under tines on front of fork?

Post by Boshi »

Hi, I looked all through the database and forum, but I couldn’t figure out this mark. It is a crown with the letters LCF or LGF intertwined on the left front of the fork under the tines and “60” on the right. I assume the 60 means 60 grams silver plate, and the placement makes me guess that it is continental European. I’m new, so happy to hear if I’m wrong about that, though. Has anyone seen a mark like this and know what it is? Thanks!
JayT
contributor

Re: LCF or LGF mark under tines on front of fork?

Post by JayT »

Hello
Your fork was made by Le Couvert Français, silverplate manufacturer. Their factory was located in L’Isle-Adam, France. They closed at the end of 1990, and had been in business for about 30 years. By searching a major online auction site, you might be able to discover the name of this pattern.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Boshi

Post by Boshi »

JayT wrote:Hello
Your fork was made by Le Couvert Français, silverplate manufacturer. Their factory was located in L’Isle-Adam, France. They closed at the end of 1990, and had been in business for about 30 years. By searching a major online auction site, you might be able to discover the name of this pattern.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response and great info!
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

My pleasure.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”