Asking for insights on a mark found on a Cafe au Lait pot

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
GeorgiaJunebug

Asking for insights on a mark found on a Cafe au Lait pot

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

Hello,
I picked this up while junking and have been looking online for hours trying to locate any information on this single mark that is on the bottom of the pot.

I believe it is sterling based on what looks to be jewelry store markings also located on the bottom.

The piece does have a plinth, even if the photos are not showing it. There is some residual black paint on the wooden handle.

Would someone be able to please give me any insight as to location of production, etc.

***And, it looks as though I’m not able to add photos for some reason. Is this just because I’m a new member and need permission to do so?***

Thank you so very much!
GeorgiaJunebug

Re: Asking for insights on a mark found on a Cafe au Lait pot

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

GeorgiaJunebug wrote:Hello,
I picked this up while junking and have been looking online for hours trying to locate any information on this single mark that is on the bottom of the pot.

I believe it is sterling based on what looks to be jewelry store markings also located on the bottom.

The piece does have a plinth, even if the photos are not showing it. There is some residual black paint on the wooden handle.

Would someone be able to please give me any insight as to location of production, etc.

Thank you so very much!
https://postimg.cc/bZqrQCGV

https://postimg.cc/w7X3R8Bs

https://postimg.cc/NKbMb6ms
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

GeorgiaJunebug wrote:Hello,

***And, it looks as though I’m not able to add photos for some reason. Is this just because I’m a new member and need permission to do so? Sorry to double post but I’m not 100 percent sure I’ve got this whole photo thing figured out...***

Thank you so very much!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please embed your images.

Trev.
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

dognose wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Trev.
Hi,
I’ll be glad to. I just need to read up on how to embed them. This is a bit new to me so I apologize for not doing things properly.
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

dognose wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Trev.

Is this correct?

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

This is better:

Trev.
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

dognose wrote:This is better:

Trev.

Ah, good! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Is this hallmark anything that rings a bell for anyone? Momma taught me about British and American hallmarks- however, that was decades ago- and this hallmark almost has a Southwestern feel to it, yet the silhouette of the piece isn’t what I think of when I think South west.

Any and all help would be most appreciated.
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

Again, just bumping to see if anyone could please share any information with me concerning these marks.
Thank you-

GeorgiaJunebug wrote:
dognose wrote:This is better:

Trev.

Ah, good! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Is this hallmark anything that rings a bell for anyone? Momma taught me about British and American hallmarks- however, that was decades ago- and this hallmark almost has a Southwestern feel to it, yet the silhouette of the piece isn’t what I think of when I think South west.

Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”