Patent Problem: R&B Belmont

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Traintime
contributor

Patent Problem: R&B Belmont

Post by Traintime »

Spoon for original Denver & Rio Grande Rail Road (must pre-date 1920). "Pat. Appl. For" on left should go with the Belmont Pattern as after 1906. However, mark on right for Silver Applied Patent is June 28...must be 1898 to be a Tuesday?? Is this a patent for a process rather than the pattern? TIA

MsJMoody
contributor

Re: Patent Problem: R&B Belmont

Post by MsJMoody »

I think this is the patent it is referring to

https://patents.google.com/patent/US606 ... y:18980601
MsJMoody
contributor

Post by MsJMoody »

I talks about how they plate the ware to protect it from use

Be it known that I, GEORGE HALE BRA- BROOK, a citizen of the United States, residing at Taunton, in the county of Bristol and Oomj wearing off of the film of silver-plating from those portions of such articles subject to the greatest wear. This I accomplish by taking the fork or other article, after it is struck up and formed on a single die curved to produce a spoon in'its final or finished shape, and removing a portion of the base metal by grinding or filing and replacing the base metal thus removed by silver or other metal and then subjecting the article to the final striking.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Effectively...silver inlaid to compete with Holmes & Edwards process...makes sense for commercial useage. Nice to see this additional marking on railroad wares...thanks!

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”