TANKARD OR STEIN HALLMARK ON SILVER CREAMER

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
2bohemians

TANKARD OR STEIN HALLMARK ON SILVER CREAMER

Post by 2bohemians »

Hello all, we have a hallmark we can't seem to identify. It is a tankard or a stein on the bottom of a Silver Creamer. When we try researching it, we get results for tankards and steins instead of the actual pictorial hallmark. It tested as Sterling for us, however, we are not certain if it is sterling or silverplate. We are including photos and thank you all for your assistance.

bammerhammer

Re: TANKARD OR STEIN HALLMARK ON SILVER CREAMER

Post by bammerhammer »

I have a set with the same marks. Did anyone ever provide a confirmation of this stein shaped makers mark?
Gredal

Post by Gredal »

I also have a tankard/stein hallmark on a silver ashtray (?) or platter. below the tankard is stamped EP COPPER. The detail of my hallmark is much better than on the cream pitcher so I think in the absence of the EP COPPER you may have a solid sterling pitcher. I have looked thru countless pages of marks and have not seen this mark. The copper sheet used to make this tray is quite heavy ~1.5mm (0.060") and the plating is thick enough there are no places where it is worn thru as you often see with a object that has seen as much use as this one.
Gredal

Post by Gredal »

Here are the images for my tray (ashtray?) 13" x 7" Tankard hallmark with EP COPPER below
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Gredal,

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for posting the images of your item. Hopefully this may prompt an answer to this long-standing query.

Trev.
Slpschultz

Post by Slpschultz »

I found this particular mark online, and I want to post screenshots of what I found. However I can't figure out how to add pictures. Please help. Thanks!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Trev.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”