DUTCH SILVER PLATE MARKS P and FIGURAL R

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

DUTCH SILVER PLATE MARKS P and FIGURAL R

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello very recently I got at auction a bunch of souvenir spoons. Most were routine silver plated examples but 2 spoons stimulated a bit of extra interest for me. Hopefully readable pictures of 1 of the spoons and marks are shown below.
The spoon appears to be a souvenir from “Scheveningen, a place “Google” tells me is a seaside part of the “Hague”. This suggests the spoon is likely to be Netherlands manufactured. It does not carry any obvious Netherlands silver hallmarks and it seems to have a slight golden hue.
The spoon is “bowl” marked and has maker’s type marks on. I see these marks as “P”, a figural animals head and “R”. The figural mark I feel could be an antlered deer’s head or even a goat’s head. On the “925- 1000” site a see a French electroplating company used a goat’s head as a mark but illustrated examples are not the same as on my spoon.
Can the forum give me any help with the identification and manufacturer of this spoon.
Yours,
Fishless
P.s. The other spoon in the bunch I found intriguing is illustrated in a post listed as “DUTCH SILVER PLATE MARKS”.
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Re: DUTCH SILVER PLATE MARKS P and FIGURAL R

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello, I am not answering my own post but I found these extra images on that well known internet auction site.

The associated information described the animal’s head as that of a horse and the spoon was a souvenir of “Rozendaal Kasteel” a castle I now know to be in the Netherlands. The spoon itself, below the finial is of a very similar design to my spoon and I hope there is knowledge out there on the forum to identify the manufacturing company involved.
Yours,
Fishless
Traintime
contributor

Re: DUTCH SILVER PLATE MARKS P and FIGURAL R

Post by Traintime »

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”