Unknown silverplate flatware mark -- German?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
silverplate newbie

Unknown silverplate flatware mark -- German?

Post by silverplate newbie »

Hello. I have exhausted all online resources and have been unable to find a match for this mark. As you can see, the knife blade is marked "Rostfrie Solingen." The mark, itself, is a bird with a crown, and its legs form the letter "A." Not sure, but it's possible that the body forms a "D" (or it just may be a fat body). On the pieces other than the knife, there is also the mark "M100," beneath the bird's legs/A. Can anyone help ID this? I sent copies to the Smithsonian several months back but came up empty-handed there, as well. Thank you
x
x
silverport
contributor

Re: Unknown silverplate flatware mark -- German?

Post by silverport »

A. Pasch & Co., Donaustr. 49-51, Solingen - »Kron-Taube«

Hello »silverplatenewbie«

Welcome to the Forum.

Well, if you have exhausted a l l online resources — then you must be in between an all-rounder. I haven’t all that knowledge which is hidden in online resources.

There fore I tell you, that the »Kron-Taube« (»Crown Pigeon«) is the trademark of A. Pasch & Co., Donaustr. 49-51, in Solingen, Germany.

In principle you’ve made an excellent interpretation of that trademark:

»The mark, itself, is a bird with a crown, and its legs form the letter "A." Not sure, but it's possible that the body forms a "D"«

No, it’s a P — now you know the name, you wouldn’t have any association problems.

The by you mentioned »M100« is the indication, how many gram silver is guarantied to be used by the plate process. For details please read this information:

http://www.925-1000.com/a_platenumbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The German flatware industry has already started before the Second World War, to plate exceptional 100 gram. That has remained also a long time after the War.

Now the “better” one is plated with 150 gram.

The pattern of yours cutlery is a typical Baroque revival after the War; much appreciated during the German »Economy Miracle« period, baptized »Wirtschaftswunder«.

Kind regards silverport
silverplate newbie

Re: Unknown silverplate flatware mark -- German?

Post by silverplate newbie »

silverport,
Wow. I've seriously been researching online and emailing pictures to other resources for almost a year. I should have tried here sooner! Thank you for SO much helpful information. I really appreciate it. I'm excited to do some follow-up now.
silverplate newbie

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”