French Silverplate Flatware ID

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mtlsmth

French Silverplate Flatware ID

Post by mtlsmth »

I ask your assistance in identifying the maker and pattern of this French silverplate Flatware pattern if possible. In Paris in 2017 I purchased 6 spoons from a street vendor at a weekend antique market in the 3rd arrondissement. The vendor did not have any other pieces in the same pattern. I have spent many fruitless weekends trying to find more information about these spoons. The Deco pattern has always struck me as quite fine. The proportion and craftsmanship of the spoons is excellent, especially for silverplate.

I would like to identify the maker stamp in the hopes of finding other pieces in the set, or at least finding other designs by this maker. The 12GR stamp and worn plating indicate these are silver plate. The stamp arrangement and location of purchase indicates their French origin. I'm having real trouble making any sense of the Makers mark. It looks to me like "P" and "I" with a bird in between. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Overall front view of a few spoons

Overall back view of a few spoons

Composite of Hallmarks from several spoons. The stamp itself is only about 2mm across.

I have spent much time on http://www.silvercollection.it/FRENCHSI ... .html#TOSA with their mark library trying to figure out if this is a variation of a mark that is already known. Honestly, I need another set of eyes to give an opinion here on what the hallmark actually says/ is. I welcome your educated opinions.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”