Having its' pattern origins in the Par Plate line, this Onieda Hotel Plate fork carries a topmark for the Fabulous Flamingo resort hotel and casino opened in December 1946. But it was not until the re-opening of March 1947 that the word Fabulous was applied to the remodeled hotspot with the completion of the lodgings section. Oddly, there is no accessible evidence that this style of lettering was ever used either in the Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel era or anytime later, making the dating of the item very difficult. The stylisic script lettering of Flamingo was present from the first, but block lettering on the structure's signage was only in use during the earlier history and seems to be gone by 1953 when the tower structure was built at the entrance. The original pattern of the silverplate goes back to the 1920's period, but it is not clear when Oneida began to use it for their commercial clients. Any help in dating this would be appreciated and might fill in some of the history of this famous gambling venue.