Pls help identify silver (?) choker necklace

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
caan

Pls help identify silver (?) choker necklace

Post by caan »

Hi all, could someone please help identify this silver (?) chocker necklace with pin clasp?
The only mark I can find - on the clasp - says "S.92D" and I read somewhere that might indicate European silver.
I have done extensive online research but cannot find any useful information and I'd love to identify this piece I bought in a second hand shop in the UK. I'd love to know where it was made, what kind of style it is (Indian? Asian?) and any other useful info.
Thanks very much in advance! Caan

Aguest
contributor

Re: Pls help identify silver (?) choker necklace

Post by Aguest »

It could be Dagestan, some parts of the necklace remind me of Dagestan. :::: If not Dagestan, then we explore other possibilities (certain regions of India do come to mind). :::
caan

Post by caan »

Hi Aguest, thank you for your response. I'm not sure about the Dagestan suggestion, more research has shown some similar items that originated from India. Not there yet though so any other ideas will be greatly appreciated! Tia, Caan
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Indeed I thought Rajasthan India as well. ::: I've searched through Rajasthan India and found similar examples ::: Rajasthan India is very possible. ::
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I get the feeling this is an older piece (1940s-1950s) based on the clasp and the way the piece is constructed ::: If it's true that this is an older piece, then it makes the work of finding a match more difficult ::: The bars seem like they have been cast from a mold, the rings seem like they have been linked together by hand, and the tiny little round bits are applied elements. :::: I guess statistically Rajasthan makes the most sense. :::
caan

Post by caan »

Hi Aguest, yeah that seems plausible! Thanks again for your input, greatly appreciated! :-)

Return to “Other Jewelry”