Jewelry makers Mark TUTUNZI Rome

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
sewwhatkat

Jewelry makers Mark TUTUNZI Rome

Post by sewwhatkat »

I have a sterling silver bracelet with the name TUTUNZI Rome STERLING stamped on an oval cartouche.
I have been researching and can not find any reference to Tutunzi except for a G. Tutunzi Roma Via Sistina on a sterling lipstick holder and another for Flatware with a makers mark and 800 silver
Link to the images I could find and the bracelet makers mark.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Kollektor ... 674a8ca35c

Thanks for any help of finding out more about this Maker
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Jewelry makers Mark TUTUNZI Rome

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Members who do not have a Photobucket subscription are unable to view your pictures. And please embed your images rather than posting links. https://postimages.org is recommended (click 'Share', then copy and paste the 'Hotlink for forums' code to embed your images).

Phil
sewwhatkat

jewelry makers markTUTUNZI Rome STERLING

Post by sewwhatkat »

.I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to edit or delete my first post so I'm re-doing it.

I have a sterling silver bracelet with the name TUTUNZI Rome STERLING stamped on an oval cartouche.
I have been researching and can not find any reference to Tutunzi except for a G. Tutunzi Roma Via Sistina on a sterling lipstick holder and another for Flatware with a makers mark and 800 silver
Link to the images I could find and the bracelet makers mark.

Thanks for any help of finding out more about this Make
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
1BO (Bologna) was asigned to FABBRICA ARGENTERIA CLEMENTI dì GIOVANNI MANTEL & C. S.p.A. changed to CLEMENTI FABBRICA ARGENTERIA srl (1990)
Established on the 1st December 1912. The business was originally a subsidiary of the German company Wilkens (therefore Wilkens press sign) , later passing to Michelangelo Clementi and to Giovanni Mantel who resurrected the business following its destruction in WWII. The company was acquired by the Buccellati group in the 1980's.
Regards
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Hi
G.Tutunzi was not a maker, but a reseller.
You can find on the internet a lot of objects contained in boxes with his name, from rosaries to teaspoons, from cigarette cases to cufflinks and so on....
Best
Amena
sewwhatkat

Post by sewwhatkat »

So there is no way to know who the actual maker is unless they put their own mark on it somewhere.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

Return to “European Jewelry”