Silver Bracelet with unknown stamp

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
MiB

Silver Bracelet with unknown stamp

Post by MiB »

This is a maker's stamp from a silver bracelet. Image The letters are possibly 'B' and 'P'. I have difficulties to say what the picture between those two letters should represent. Is it a door? The bracelet is possibly from France from 1930s. The jeweller told me that it is an old fashion design. Image
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver Bracelet with unknown stamp

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Try having a trawl through the logos in this topic:

Italian Silverware and Jewellery Manufacturers

Trev.
MiB

Post by MiB »

Hi Trev, I scrolled through the link of Italian Silver stamps you suggested. The style of marking is completely different to my bracelet and pictures attached. Thank you anyway, Michaela
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

You checked all 400+ pages?

Trev.
MiB

Post by MiB »

I haven't realised that there are so many pages. I checked few starting from the end and my answer remains the same. The Italian hallmarks in your pages have almost the same shape as my hallmark but the contents is very different, for example < * 1561 FI >. Also the front page of Italian Hallmarks of this forum describe in A. B. and C. points what to look for in italian hallmarks. And I don't see even vague similarity with mine. However do you have a separate list of italian hallmarks dating before 1872? It is a long shot and probably quite unrealistic as the assumption for my bracelet is that it belonged to an in-law grandmother and the period is 1930s.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Quite unrealistic that is dating before 1872.
The shape of the oval that contains 925 leads to the 70s of the twentieth century.
Best
Amena

Return to “European Jewelry”