italian 925 silver rope necklace identify marking

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
deadhead5573

italian 925 silver rope necklace identify marking

Post by deadhead5573 »

5mm 925 silver diamond cut rope chain. Has the normal 925 and italy stamp. However i can not find who the maker is and the stamp is SPI . It is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated!

amena
contributor

Re: italian 925 silver rope necklace identify marking

Post by amena »

Hi
What do you mean by "the normal 925 and italy stamp" ??
It seems to me a very modern object and should have the legal hallmark, that is a lozenge with a star , the abbreviation of province and number of the manufacturer.
There is ?
Regards
Amena
deadhead5573

Post by deadhead5573 »

Amena,Image
Sorry about the confustion. Here in the USA, any imported silver jewelry must have the metal content stamp and origination stamp on it.

So on the clasp it says SPI and the other side of the clasp it says 925 and underneath italy as in the pictures.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

The lack of the maker's mark is explained because the necklace was manufactured to be exported to the USA

DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC 30 May 2002, n.150 Regulation containing rules for the application of the legislative decree 22 May 1999, n. 251, on the discipline of fineness and identification marks of precious metals.

Art. 25. 1. Objects intended for export outside the European Economic Area are produced without the identification mark.

I don't know how to give an explanation to SPI.
Perhaps a manufacturer's trademark.
Best
Amena
TArrigo

Post by TArrigo »

5mm 925 silver diamond cut rope chain. Has the normal 925 and italy stamp. However i can not find who the maker is and the stamp is SPI . It is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

RESPONSE:
SPI Silver Molecules, made from pure silver, are extremely strong and yet quite smooth - perfect for jewelry.

Hope this helps.
TA

Return to “European Jewelry”