Marks: 975, 9 / 5 or 9 / S mark? Upsidedown Anchor? - Silver Filigree Bracelet, Presume Contintental

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
flexaplex

Marks: 975, 9 / 5 or 9 / S mark? Upsidedown Anchor? - Silver Filigree Bracelet, Presume Contintental

Post by flexaplex »

Hi.

I have a silver filigree bracelet and I am curious of the markings on it, I presume it's contenental. I have acid tested on the clasp, tag and edgeside of the panels and acid instantly reacted very strongly and appears not plated.

The marks are on the endside tag. I thought initally that the mark was 975 but looking again it looks more like an 9 / S than 975, I can see it's certainly not a 925 mark at any rate. I also know these contenental filigree pieces are typically .800 silver so seems odd to be .975.

There is then a symbol before the numbers which looks like an upsidedown anchor kinda thing ⫛

There is another mark on the tag (last image) which I can't make out at all, at a guess it may say SIL but I'm far from being able to read any of it.

Thanks a lot for any help with information that anyone can provide!

------
Some more images:

silverly

Re: Marks: 975, 9 / 5 or 9 / S mark? Upsidedown Anchor? - Silver Filigree Bracelet, Presume Contintental

Post by silverly »

It looks like 917 to me which should be a start for the location of where the bracelet was made.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Marks: 975, 9 / 5 or 9 / S mark? Upsidedown Anchor? - Silver Filigree Bracelet, Presume Contintental

Post by dognose »

Hi,

It's Maltese silver. 917 is known to be used.

Trev.
flexaplex

Post by flexaplex »

dognose wrote:Hi,

It's Maltese silver. 917 is known to be used.

Trev.
Thanks a lot!! Spot on!

Return to “European Jewelry”