Trying to contact Steve Cooper

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
fickleflan

Trying to contact Steve Cooper

Post by fickleflan »

Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia,
I purchased some silver jewelry from a stall in Covent Garden over the period of 1987-2007. The smith's name is Steve (Stephen or Steven) Cooper. I'm trying to locate and get contact information for him so I can have a bangle resized and possibly purchase more items. Here are the hallmarks from a ring I purchased about 10-15 years ago.

I'd be grateful for any information about him. Cheers, Eileen
oel
co-admin

Re: Trying to contact Steve Cooper

Post by oel »

Hi welcome to the forum. I believe if you Google the name Steven Cooper or Aurora Jewellery you go straight to his website with contact numbers.
http://www.aurora-jewellery.co.uk/steve ... craftsman/
Oel.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

I don't think that this is the right Steven Cooper. Aurora Jewellery and Steven Cooper, according to information in the linked site, are based in Orkney so it seems logical that they should have an Edinburgh registration rather than a London one; and indeed there is a Steven William Cooper from Orkney registered at Edinburgh.

Phil
fickleflan

Post by fickleflan »

Thanks Phil and Oel. I've googled extensively with no results other than the Steve Cooper in Orkney. He's not my guy. Do the hallmarks look authentic to you all? They sure do to me but I'm no expert.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

The (hall)marks look authentic to me, including the extra millennium mark. I believe the marks specially added for decoration of an other wise plain silver ring, to celebrate the year 2000. Normally you find the (hall)marks smaller and inside a ring.
http://www.silvercollection.it/dictiona ... ingUK.html

Perhaps you could contact the London assay office to find out more and if this particular Steven Cooper is still active and registered as such.
https://www.assayofficelondon.co.uk/oth ... a-hallmark

Best,

Peter
fickleflan

Post by fickleflan »

Thanks Peter & Phil. I've contacted Goldsmiths Company. Hope they'll know. Best, Eileen
Missyann

Post by Missyann »

Eileen, were you ever able to find contact info for Steven Cooper? I know this is an old post, so hoping you see this! I too have jewelry from him and am hoping to find more.
Missyann

Post by Missyann »

Eileen, were you ever able to find contact info for Steven Cooper? I know this is an old post, so hoping you see this! I too have jewelry from him and am hoping to find more.

Return to “European Jewelry”