Bernhard Hertz Piece - With a Swedish date mark??

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
frans

Bernhard Hertz Piece - With a Swedish date mark??

Postby frans » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:41 pm

Hi everyone. A question for the Scandinavian experts. This pin is marked BH (Bernhard Hertz) and 826 which according to Fred R.'s book was the minimum silver standard for Denmark though it does not have an S following it. The mystery to me is that there is a date code of Q7. I thought only Finnish and Swedish jewelry used date codes. Q7 would correspond to 1918 in the Swedish system which would be appropriate for the period of this piece - did Hertz manufacture in Sweden or is there another explanation? Thanks Fran

I'm sorry I dont know why the second image is not appearing (admin edit - you left a blank space in the code) - you would have to paste the above url in your browser to see the marks. Thanks

Bahner
contributor

Postby Bahner » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Hello, Hertz also had a branch in Stockholm, so that may be the explanation. Best wishes, Bahner

Matulda
contributor

Postby Matulda » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:54 pm

Hello, Hertz also had a branch in Stockholm, so that may be the explanation. Best wishes, Bahner

In that case, it should have all the Swedish marks, not just the yearmark, so it doesn't really make sense.

It could be 07 for the year 1907, the Danish three towers mark usually has the year stated in that way, but that is just a guess on my behalf.

Return to “European Jewelry”