Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahrner?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
janice57

Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahrner?

Post by janice57 »

Hello,
I've had this necklace is my collection for a while. It has a mark on it that I've never been able to identify. To me, the necklace looks German, but I'm not sure about this either. I recently saw a brooch that is identical to the centerpiece in this necklace (except along the bottom edge--mine has marcasites where the other is just black enamel) and the brooch was by Fahrner. It was signed by his usual mark. Does anyone know if anyone worked with Fahrner? Does anyone know if there are any other symbols out there he used besides the "TF" in a circle? The mark on my necklace mostly looks like a "7" over a "3"--sort of like a fraction. But there is a line to the left and another mostly vertical line to the right. I've searched and searched the internet for this mark, but with no luck. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance for any info you can share.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahr

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

A different angle may jog someone's memory.

Trev.
janice57

Re: Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahr

Post by janice57 »

Thank you, Trev, for your welcoming and your help. Please let me know if I need to post additional photos.
Janice
raphdeej

Re: Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahrner?

Post by raphdeej »

Hi! I just found this amazing forum while looking for info on this very necklace! I just acquired the SAME necklace (same mark!), except with red (carnelian?) instead of green edging pieces. Same clasp, safety...
Did you ever find out what/ who the mark is?
Thanks!
Donna
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Art Deco Necklace--German? Strange mark of Theodor Fahrner?

Post by dognose »

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic with images of your item and the marks, and I'm sure the members of this forum will do all they can to help you.

Trev.

Return to “European Jewelry”