Swedish or Finnish? Help identifying makers marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
newfriends

Swedish or Finnish? Help identifying makers marks

Post by newfriends »

Any help would be appreciated identifying marks, country, time period. If it is Swedish the date mark puts it at 1927. If it is Finnish, the date is 1978 - Big difference. If someone can help find out what the maker's marks are it would be so appreciated!
finnegan

Post by finnegan »

Hey,
Welcome. It is Finnish, the single crown tells that, see Finland Date Marks
If it were Swedish, it would have a triple crown mark, see Sweden Date Marks

I'm pretty sure that "Warman's Jewelry" by Christie Romero, shows your KK maker's mark as the firm of Kaunis Koru. (can't seem to find my copy in the mess)

Hope this helps.

Fin
newfriends

Post by newfriends »

WOW! You're good. :-) I couldn't tell what that tiny mark was. It's enlarged about 20 times, picture taken on super macro mode. (the only way I could see it at all!) To know the maker off the top of your head too! Wow! Thanks! :-)
newfriends

Post by newfriends »

There's just one thing that is not piecing... I've been looking at this bracelet
(commercial link removed - please see the Guidelines)
which is where I got the idea of it being Swedish - same initials and makers mark. (doesn't mean this vendor knows what she is talking about) If this too is actually Kaunis Koru, it would put the date at 1997. Was Kaunis Koru still around? Something I read said they made jewelry into the 80's (not the 90's)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, Kaunis Koru is still in business, the following blurb is from the current Fodor's Online Travel Guide.
Kaunis Koru produces avant-garde silver and gold designs.
Address: Aleksanterink. 28, Helsinki, Finland
Phone: 09/686-0400
newfriends

Post by newfriends »

Yep, the blurb I saw was incorrect. (or I guess saying they made jewelry into the 80's is not incorrect, just not telling the whole story! :-)) Thanks for the reply!

Return to “European Jewelry”