835 Silver bracelet

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Zygimjani

835 Silver bracelet

Post by Zygimjani »

Hello does anyone recognise this hallmark. It is very small and unfortunetaly my phone caméra can't do the job right....

If I am right It is hallmarked 835 and it looks like two letters SE and à map of scandinavia????

Does anyone recognise the maker?

oel
co-admin

Re: 835 Silver bracelet

Post by oel »

Hi, welcome to the forum. Not a maker's mark but a Hungarian domestic silver hallmark, the head of a greyhound facing right, for small silver articles used 1922-1937, number 3 to the left of the greyhounds-head for silver minimum 800/000 or higher (835/000). At the right of the greyhounds-head small letter B(?) for the assay office Budapest.
For the record. After the collapse of the Austro- Hungarian Empire in 1922, Hungary continued to use the greyhounds dog head introduced in 1872 for small silver articles. The bracelet could have been made around the beginning of the 20th century during the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
See:
https://www.925-1000.com/Faustria_02.html

Peter.
Zygimjani

Re: 835 Silver bracelet

Post by Zygimjani »

oel wrote:Image

Hi, welcome to the forum. Not a maker's mark but a Hungarian domestic silver hallmark, the head of a greyhound facing right, for small silver articles used 1922-1937, number 3 to the left of the greyhounds-head for silver minimum 800/000 or higher (835/000). At the right of the greyhounds-head small letter B(?) for the assay office Budapest.
For the record. After the collapse of the Austro- Hungarian Empire in 1922, Hungary continued to use the greyhounds dog head introduced in 1872 for small silver articles. The bracelet could have been made around the beginning of the 20th century during the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
See:
https://www.925-1000.com/Faustria_02.html

Peter.
Wow I would Never thought it might be Hungarian bracelet. Thank you very much!!!

Return to “European Jewelry”