HELP with these pendant

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
PolkaDotParty

HELP with these pendant

Post by PolkaDotParty »

Hi every one!
I just see this pendant but I don't sure if is genuine or fake.
On one side it has the red stone and on the other the shield of the Romanovs. And the marks on the silver. Since I have read thanks to the forum that there are many fakes of Russian imperial silver. I would like to be sure before buying if you can help me. Millions of thanks . Sorry for the photos.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
PolkaDotParty

Re: HELP with these pendant

Post by PolkaDotParty »

[quote="PolkaDotParty"]Hi every one!
I just seen this pendant but I don't sure if is genuine or fake.
On one side it has the red stone and on the other the shield of the Romanovs. And the marks on the silver. Since I have read thanks to the forum that there are many fakes of Russian imperial silver. I would like to be sure before buying if you can help me. Millions of thanks . Sorry for the photos.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Whatever silver with Russian Imperial eagle is a modern FAKE, unless proven otherwise with rock solid provenance, which is rare today. When I was young, I had the privilege to visit Russians who emigrated after the revolution; some of them were poor, some have managed to save property, e.g. boxes full of Imperial regimental badges, even paintings, porcelain and furniture.
Now the unfortunate destiny of Imperial family is exploited by fakers, and they protect each other.
In a word, one cannot rely on marks any more, so better forget it and by something else.
Regards
PolkaDotParty

Post by PolkaDotParty »

[quote="AG2012"]Hi,
Whatever silver with Russian Imperial eagle is a modern FAKE, unless proven otherwise with rock solid provenance, which is rare today. When I was young, I had the privilege to visit Russians who emigrated after the revolution; some of them were poor, some have managed to save property, e.g. boxes full of Imperial regimental badges, even paintings, porcelain and furniture.
Now the unfortunate destiny of Imperial family is exploited by fakers, and they protect each other.
In a word, one cannot rely on marks any more, so better forget it and by something else.
Regards[/quot

Many thanks. Thank you. I did not know, I did not know it. Although it is still beautiful, it loses all its charm, of course

Return to “European Jewelry”