Vintage Catholic Sacred Heart Pendant With Infinity Symbol Inside Hexagon "Sterling" Below it

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
MyThoughtsExactly

Vintage Catholic Sacred Heart Pendant With Infinity Symbol Inside Hexagon "Sterling" Below it

Post by MyThoughtsExactly »

My first question! Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. Before I post anything here, my research has always been exhaustive. And exhausting ;)

BTW TinyPi has closed! Postimage.org is free & easy! Be sure to copy the "Direct Link" that is below the "link" that won't work here.

I have an oval Sacred Heart pendant with Mary on one side & a Sacred Heart Image: Jesus gesturing to his heart.

The mark is a horizontal hexagon with an infinity symbol inside. STERLING below. I did find that the infinity symbol is used in the Roman Catholic faith. I also saw mention of hexagons. But neither referred to any specific symbols for them. I'm ready to call a priest! LOL

FYI: I'm not Catholic, but I love the symbolism, art ,etc. & have a small collection of vintage Catholic pendants, charms & rosaries. Same with Judaism & Buddhism. I'm open to any! These are just the ones I've found & liked :D

Please let me know if the 2nd image is too big. I chose "messages & forums' size.
MyThoughtsExactly

ANSWER FOUND!

Post by MyThoughtsExactly »

I found the maker!! This was purely by accident. There's a jeweler ID section of a site that I have promised myself to go through every single letter in the alphabet at least once a week. I did that here & I've pretty much memorized it or know where to look.

On this site, I'd found this company, Leach & Garner, now LeachGarner, listed with an infinity symbol as its mark! But, it said they were in Hong Kong. I did see they established business in the US in 1899, but nothing about Italy. Today, I decided to Google them. Why didn't I do this sooner?? They are now LeachGarner. I looked further into their contact section & lo & behold! They have a LeachGarner Europe, based in Italy!! Ta-da!!

I am thrilled & pretty darn proud! I've been so surprised that not one person has replied to this, with over 1000 views. This almost made me give up. If no one here knows...

The awesome research and jewelry/jeweler identifying site I first found Leach & Garner (admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

Their photos of actual marks on jewelry is indispensable! They also have sections on Masonic Jewelry, Native American Jewelry, History of Rolex, Pocket Watches, Cameos & general Jewelry History. A plethora of information!! Click on their top menu "MORE." In that drop down menu, click "Education," & you'll see all the categories.

Return to “American Jewelry”