Sunrise hallmarks in NA liquid silver??

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
michellemaeder

Sunrise hallmarks in NA liquid silver??

Post by michellemaeder »

Hi all,

I have a few pieces of what I thought was Native American liquid silver jewellery (some with Turquoise some with Concho’s) - each with a sunrise stamp on the closure cones along with a stamp saying ‘sterling’. I have been trying for a while to see who the maker is (nothing in my Barton Wright book) and a friend recently said it’s a company called Silpada and not Native American or Southwestern - but I can find nothing to suggest this is true except from one old entry on eBay. I’ve attached a few photos and would be really grateful for anyone’s help.

Many thanks xx
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Sunrise hallmarks in NA liquid silver??

Post by dognose »

Hi,

If using (copy the 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards')

Trev.
michellemaeder

Post by michellemaeder »

Thanks I’ll try again - seem to be able to paste the link but it doesn’t take you to the pic

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I have wondered about these cones so I consulted an antiques dealer who specializes in beads and Native American jewelry, he says that you can order the sterling silver cones unmarked, or you can order the sterling silver cones with a "STERLING + Sunrise" symbol which costs a little more money :::
I have seen a few variations of the "Sunrise" symbol as well :: I get the impression that these cones are mass-produced, and I am really not sure who produces them, but I believe they are sold in jewelry supply stores : If there are other hallmarks on the jewelry which accompanies these cones, it probably is not related to the silversmith who produced the cones, at least that is how I understand it at this point in time :::::

Return to “American Jewelry”