Help with a USA 925 makers mark; onyx inlay ring

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ArchaeologyOfSilver

Help with a USA 925 makers mark; onyx inlay ring

Post by ArchaeologyOfSilver »

Hey all... new to this forum and just getting into this hallmark/makers-mark business so I hope I picked the right forum and that I do everything right. I did try to read the forum rules, so heres hoping! If not, I'm terribly sorry and I'll try to fix anything that happens to go wrong.

Anyway, I bought this really interesting sterling silver, black onyx inlay ring today at an antique store (have no illusions that its super duper ultra old, no worries) and it has a maker's mark so I thought I'd try to figure it out. The ring is marked with the standard .925 for sterling and also USA. The makers mark (hallmark?) seems to be a circle with mirror image "d"s (see picture below), so it could be "dp" or just a stylization of "dd." The ring itself is really well worked, about a size 10 with amazingly smooth inlay... can't feel any seams at all when you run your finger over the top. There's some small etching down the sides at the edges of the inlay and also pressed or cut hatch marks on the edges at the top of the ring.

Was just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before. Picture(s) are below. Hope this is okay. It's one image file but I made it a collage in picasa so everything was nice and neat. There are several views and a skitch illustration of the maker's mark as I couldn't get a clear photo. Please excuse my crude iphone photography!

Roxaneo

Re: Help with a USA 925 makers mark; onyx inlay ring

Post by Roxaneo »

I have a Mens Onyx ring with that stamp as well I was wondering who it was myself did anyone ever answer this? This website is really hard to navigate for some reason
silverly

Re: Help with a USA 925 makers mark; onyx inlay ring

Post by silverly »

Maybe Do Paso Corp of Albuquerque, NM

Return to “American Jewelry”