Help with Identification of Maker's Mark/Hallmark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Jackieee

Re: Help with Identification of Maker's Mark/Hallmark

Post by Jackieee »

Well, obviously I'm new here and didn't realize I'm years late. The mystery mark has been identified long ago! Please accept my apology, I've never been on a forum before.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Jackieee,

Welcome to the Forum.

No apologies necessary. Your reminder will help others searching for the same answer.

We hope to hear more from you.

Trev.
JewelryGal

Re: Help with Identification of Maker's Mark/Hallmark - Silpada and Shube

Post by JewelryGal »

I'm submitting images from the Silpada magazine that clearly lists a pair of earrings that I have in my possession that is stamped with the Shube (Sb) hallmarks. Perhaps Silpada pieces were jobbed out to Shube and mistakes were made, but this may help explain some confusion around the Silpada maker mark, which I have only known to be the the arrowhead. I have a bracelet and matching earrings. I've acquired the earrings several times over and one pair no longer in my possession contained the Silpada mark. A pair I'm posting today contains the Shube hallmark. But, the matching bracelet, which I am also sharing here, but is not listed on the Silpada spread with the earrings, contains both the Shube and the Silpada hallmarks, which I have circled.
nancyq

Post by nancyq »

Hi all, it's been a LONG time since the thread was written, but in trying to research some stolen jewelry by George Schuler, I came across your posts. I am George Schuler's grand niece, and my mom, his neice would probably enjoy providing information about Uncle George, Preformed Parts, and other relevant information, should you still like to inquire. It brings me great joy to know that his pieces are still enjoyed and I believe he would be thrilled.
I'll be happy to share contact info privately through the admin if I could help in any way.
Smiles,
Nancy
Dinaupnorth

Post by Dinaupnorth »

I believe if you look up Dakota West Designs you'll find your mark is a match.I've purchase several items over the years with the same mark.
Tinarita

Re: The silver mark you’re looking for

Post by Tinarita »

weetziebat wrote: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 pm I am looking for the same mark as well. It's on a silver snake ring and a silver ring with a blue stone. It has a copyright sign beside it and says sterling. If anyone can figure this one out it would be great because i've been looking everywhere
Hi! Your mark sounds like a Shubes Manufacturing or a Shubes Dakota West piece. I am looking for a clue to a piece I have and came across this thread and don’t see an update so if you haven’t found it yet, now you have!

I am Brand new here and don’t see a way to include a photo but you can look up “Shubes” and find a number of pieces to view showing the hallmark for comparison. 😊
BeachBum2U

Post by BeachBum2U »

I know this thread is old but just in case it has not already been said "this is a Shube Mfg. Company Hallmark. I've had Sterling pieces with the same Hallmark.

SHUBE'S MFG. INC.
Attributed Maker's Mark(s): "Sb"
Information: Shube's Manufacturing, Inc. was founded in 1972, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Worked primarily in silver before merging with South Dakota Gold Co. in 2008, becoming Dakota West Design.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
silverly

Post by silverly »

A couple of Shube's Manufacturing trademarks from the USPTO site:

Word Mark BEE
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 014. US 028. G & S: PRECIOUS JEWELRY. FIRST USE: 19800600. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19800600
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 03.23.06 - Bees; Hornets; Wasp; Yellowjackets
03.23.24 - Stylized insects, spiders and micro-organisms
Serial Number 73472564
Filing Date March 28, 1984
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition June 25, 1985
Registration Number 1357952
Registration Date September 3, 1985
Owner (REGISTRANT) SHUBE'S MANUFACTURING, INCORPORATED CORPORATION NEW MEXICO 2010 RIDGECREST, S.E. ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO 87108
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date June 16, 2006

Word Mark SB
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 014. US 028. G & S: STERLING SILVER JEWELRY. FIRST USE: 19861015. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19861015
Mark Drawing Code (5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM
Serial Number 73767234
Filing Date December 5, 1988
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 30, 1990
Registration Number 1592921
Registration Date April 24, 1990
Owner (REGISTRANT) SHUBE'S MANUFACTURING, INCORPORATED CORPORATION NEW MEXICO 600 MOON STREET, S.E. ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO 87111
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20000926.
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date May 4, 2002

Return to “American Jewelry”