Help with identification of this coin / medal

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ADRIANOS2017

Help with identification of this coin / medal

Post by ADRIANOS2017 »

hello good people, i hope you are well. My father bought this medal from flee market / carboot few days ago and im strugling to find it on internet but i cant find nothing.... anyone can help me please? thanks in advance

AG2012
contributor

Re: Help with identification of this coin / medal

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
It is obviously a corporate gift commemorating something.
BSIET stands for Beijing Shougang International Engineering Technology.
ANNEC stands for Zhengzhou ANNEC Industrial CO., Ltd
A Chinese speaker can easily translate the rest.
Hopefully, it is made of what they claim (pure silver).

Regards
SilverBuggy

Post by SilverBuggy »

It is a first-prize medal issued to researchers for technical innovation in the steel industry around 2011. It weighs 100 grams and is 9999 silver. On the back of the medal are names and coats of arms of the insititutions and companies involved in the program. It is the most prestigious prize in te field of metallurgy in China. I wonder how it ended in your hands. Did you get it in the US?
ADRIANOS2017 wrote:hello good people, i hope you are well. My father bought this medal from flee market / carboot few days ago and im strugling to find it on internet but i cant find nothing.... anyone can help me please? thanks in advance

SilverBuggy

Post by SilverBuggy »

SilverBuggy wrote:It is a first-prize medal issued to researchers for technical innovation in the steel industry around 2011 which is the most prestigious prize in the field of metallurgy in China. It weighs 100 grams and is 999 silver. On the back of the medal are names and coats of arms of the insititutions and companies involved in the program. I guess it was a commemerative mdeal made by these institutions and then it was given to people who participated in the project. I wonder how it ended in your hands. Did you get it in the US?
ADRIANOS2017 wrote:hello good people, i hope you are well. My father bought this medal from flee market / carboot few days ago and im strugling to find it on internet but i cant find nothing.... anyone can help me please? thanks in advance

Return to “Far East”