ID for Japanese (?) flat butter spreader knives with bamboo pattern handles and engraved dragons

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ravd

ID for Japanese (?) flat butter spreader knives with bamboo pattern handles and engraved dragons

Post by ravd »

Hello,
I'm looking for help identifying the maker and metal composition of this butter knife. I recently received a set. I'm told it's sterling silver and was made in Japan.
I'm posting two image links, one with the hallmark and one with the entire object. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, but I apologize in advance if I accidentally missed a relevant post.
Thanks in advance!
Douglas
dognose
Site Admin

Re: ID for Japanese (?) flat butter spreader knives with bamboo pattern handles and engraved dragons

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Please embed your images.

Trev.
ravd

Re: ID for Japanese (?) flat butter spreader knives with bamboo pattern handles and engraved dragons

Post by ravd »

I just reduced the size of the images, so I'm going to try to embed them again:

Please excuse the newbie fumbles. Thanks!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Trev.
ravd

Post by ravd »

Thanks so much, Trev.
Here they are:

Return to “Far East”