Silver Necklace Taxco Mexico 'COME', 'CDL' or 'GDL'???

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Angela.Buchan

Silver Necklace Taxco Mexico 'COME', 'CDL' or 'GDL'???

Post by Angela.Buchan »

Hi,

Ive been searching for the maker of a silver necklace with no luck. I'm not even sure if the makers initials are CDL or GDL, etc...? I know its from Taxco Mexico because of the eagle 3 stamp but Im not sure what the rest of the information is. Does anyone know what the 'COME' stamp means? Does anyone have any addition info on this piece?

Angela.Buchan

Re: Silver Necklace Taxco Mexico 'COME' & 'GDL'???

Post by Angela.Buchan »

Angela.Buchan wrote:Hi,

Ive been searching for the maker of a silver necklace with no luck. I'm not even sure if the makers initials is GDL...? I know its from Taxco Mexico because of the eagle 3 stamp but Im not sure what the rest of the information is (date and maker). Does anyone know what the 'COME' stamp means? Does anyone have any addition info on this piece?

Aguest
contributor

Re: Silver Necklace Taxco Mexico 'COME', 'CDL' or 'GDL'???

Post by Aguest »

You would have to think it a combination of "TAXCO MEXICO" when the first and last part of the hallmarks didn't get stamped because the piece is so narrow :::: so you have TAX [CO ME} XICO and other pieces of CDL are hallmarked "TAXCO MEXICO" so that is the most probable explanation. :::: The literature doesn't seem to know who CDL was but the CDL pieces are very good quality and examples are from early 1930s to late 1940s ::: If you see a "federal eagle" hallmark then you know you have a 1948 (or later) piece because the Mexico "eagle" hallmark started in 1948. :::::
Foosdiva

Post by Foosdiva »

Aguest wrote:You would have to think it a combination of "TAXCO MEXICO" when the first and last part of the hallmarks didn't get stamped because the piece is so narrow :::: so you have TAX [CO ME} XICO and other pieces of CDL are hallmarked "TAXCO MEXICO" so that is the most probable explanation. :::: The literature doesn't seem to know who CDL was but the CDL pieces are very good quality and examples are from early 1930s to late 1940s ::: If you see a "federal eagle" hallmark then you know you have a 1948 (or later) piece because the Mexico "eagle" hallmark started in 1948. :::::
I got a piece today with CDL as well. Can’t find who it is either. Has 167 on it as well. Trying to figure out how to post a picture. Been a long time since I’ve joined a chat group. Lol
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please embed your images.

Trev.

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”