Spanish mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
estela.alvarez

Spanish mark

Post by estela.alvarez »

I would appreciate if someone can help me identify this cutlery silver mark, inherited from my family. It was purchased about 1960 probably in Madrid, the silversmith "Perera". It is important to complete a missing piece. Thanks in advance. Estela.

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s63 ... 62459e.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s63 ... 3e620a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Spanish mark

Post by Qrt.S »

Spanish silver is not my cup of tea, so I unable to identify your spoon's model. However, the company's name is "Pereira" and here you have their contact form. Feel free to use it. Maybe they have your spoons on stock?

http://www.joyeria-plateria-madrid.com/contacto.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy hunting

Qrt.S
estela.alvarez

Post by estela.alvarez »

Thank you very much for your unswer, but I made a mistake with my english. "Perera" was the jeweler, not the silversmith.
What I am looking for is the silversmith, and I can not find the owner of the silver mark. Thanks again. Estela
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

??? Why do you think I gave you the contact form? ASK THEM! Anyway it is still PEREIRA not Perera!
estela.alvarez

Post by estela.alvarez »

Again, thank you. I appreciate your help, but the jeweler was not "Pereira", was "Prudencio Perera". Pereira has nothing to do with them. Prudencio Perera died some years ago, and their sons do not continue their business, and can´t help me. Best regards.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Hmmm...show some better and sharper close-ups of the marks, thank you.
ovo
contributor

Post by ovo »

Hola Estela.

Reponer un cubierto antiguo te va a resultar entre muy dificil e imposible. Casi todos los plateros de la epoca en que se compro han cerrado. Por otra parte, te comento que yo soy coleccionista y nunca habia visto esa marca, por lo que sin duda la cuberteria tuvo que fabricarla un platero pequeño y por tanto, todavia mas complicado de encontrar. Yo te recomendaria que miraras en casas de subastas, a ver si hay suerte y lo encuentras.

Saludos

Hi Estela.

Replace a covered former gonna be between very difficult and impossible. Almost all silversmiths of the period in which they buy have closed. Moreover, I commented that I am a collector and I've never seen that brand, so definitely the cutlery had to fabricate a silversmith small and therefore even more complicated to find. I'd recommend you to look at auction houses, to see if we are lucky and find it.

regards
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Estimada Estela, Ovo tiene razón no solo es dificil saber quien es platero sin oque ademas casi todos han cerrado. La marca que nos mandas esta muy difusa puedes hacer una foto mejor. Te mando algo parecido a ver si tenemos suerte.

Dear Estela, Ovo is right is not only difficult to know who is ouch silversmith without also almost all have closed. The brand is very diffuse send us a photo can do better. I send something to see if we're lucky.

Return to “Other Countries”