More Information About Colorado Silver Flatware

Do not post mark questions here.
RelicFinder

More Information About Colorado Silver Flatware

Post by RelicFinder »

I recently acquired an assortment of flatware items with the marking "Colorado Silver - Solid" on the back of each one. The mark appears the same on all of them except some without the hyphen between Silver and Solid. Both examples are included in the pictures provided.

After a lot of research, I have found very little information and was hoping someone here could further enlighten me on what I have exactly. I did find out that these are likely made in American Coin Silver but I could not find their purity (I think around the .800 mark). The only resource that I found that explicitly gave me information on these is here: http://www.ehow.com/info_12189588_color ... tware.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I really want to know is what purity this set contains and any further history that I failed to find in my search for their origins. If anyone could help me out or provide their expertise, I would greatly appreciate it. I hope someone knows something or, if not, a way to find out the percentage of silver.

The link to a picture album of the items and their markings can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/jAjDG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RelicFinder

Re: More Information About Colorado Silver Flatware

Post by RelicFinder »

I apologize, I forgot to format the images correctly.

salmoned
contributor

Post by salmoned »

'Colorado Silver' is a euphemism for 'contains no real silver at all'. So your pieces contain no silver whatsoever, since they are solid Colorado silver.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Perhaps we can revive this with a conclusion as to sources of information? I'll try to take and post photos later, but I have an elaborate souvenir full teaspoon with twist handle, "Denver" in the bowl, and horse riding cowpokes with steer herd detail for the paddle top. Maker is A.B.F.M'F'C'.CO. stamped above COLORADO SILVER (both straight line). To the left is a wide shield mark containing some lines crossed in X-form. The word solid is not used.

Return to “General Questions”