Need to identify Albert Gannon Candle Holder? c.1906 - 1914

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
skippers

Need to identify Albert Gannon Candle Holder? c.1906 - 1914

Post by skippers »

Hi, I have a type of sterlingcandle holder that I haven't been able to identify. It was made by Albert Gannon, Philadelphia, PA. He was active c.1906 - 1914, and his works were retailed by Bailey, Banks and Biddle. I have sent them pictures, and the people I talked to have no idea what this is. I thought it might be a warmer for a chafing dish, but can't prove it. It is about 4 1/2" tall x 2 1/4" in diameter, not counting the hollow handle which is open at the top. It has a string-like candle in it that sticks up through the hole in the removable lid. It weighs 5.6oz.
skippers

Re: Need to identify Albert Gannon Candle Holder? c.1906 - 1

Post by skippers »

skippers wrote:Hi, I have a type of sterlingcandle holder that I haven't been able to identify. It was made by Albert Gannon, Philadelphia, PA. He was active c.1906 - 1914, and his works were retailed by Bailey, Banks and Biddle. I have sent them pictures, and the people I talked to have no idea what this is. I thought it might be a warmer for a chafing dish, but can't prove it. It is about 4 1/2" tall x 2 1/4" in diameter, not counting the hollow handle which is open at the top. It has a string-like candle in it that sticks up through the hole in the removable lid. It weighs 5.6oz.
My Apologies for my errors in this first post. I am new at posting to forums.

Hi, I have a type of candle holder that I haven't been able to identify. It was made by Albert Gannon, Philadelphia, PA. He was active c.1906 - 1914, and his works were retailed by Bailey, Banks and Biddle. I have sent them pictures, and the people I talked to have no idea what this is. I thought it might be a warmer for a chafing dish, but can't prove it. It is about 4 1/2" tall x 2 1/4" in diameter, not counting the hollow handle which is open at the top. It has a string-like candle in it that sticks up through the hole in the removable lid. It weighs 5.6oz.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's a waxjack. If you look at google images you'll see similar items.

Trev.
skippers

Post by skippers »

Trev, many thanks for the identification. I have had this piece for about 5 years, and every time I have tried to ID it, have come to a dead end. Best Regards, Skip

Return to “Arts & Crafts Smiths ~ American Handwrought after-1900”