ALBO Silver N.C.R. Co.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ZARGAN

ALBO Silver N.C.R. Co.

Post by ZARGAN »

Can anyone provide an approximate date or description of this item? It is a pennant about 3cm square weighing 0.185 ozt. I believe the maker is German and I'm guessing a nickle-silver alloy but clarification would be appreciated.

Regards,
Zargan
oel
co-admin

ALBO

Post by oel »

Hi
Bahner Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 am Post subject: ALBO

Bahner
contributor

Hello maker is Albert Bodemer from Ellmendingen-Keltern, Germany. Active since ca. 1950, might still be active today. This mark was in use since the 1960ies. Best wishes, Bahner
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

In this case the "ALBO" does refer to a nickel silver alloy, with the name coming from the Latin for "white". Have seen this mark several times on small white metal jewelry and novelty items (believe your piece is a watch fob charm) appearing to date to around the early 20th century, suspect that the "N.C.R. Co." might be British.

~Cheryl
danbuster

N.C.R. Co

Post by danbuster »

Hello:
I believe that the initials N.C.R. Co relate to the "National Cash Register Co." They used to supply long chains, almost identical to a watch albert, some were Solid Silver.
The chains were used to hold large fobs of keys for the safes and cash registers in shops and the like.

Return to “European Jewelry”