Silver Locket

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
schellcat1969

Silver Locket

Post by schellcat1969 »

Please help. I have this beautiful locket. It is about 1in and it is oval. The markings on the inside are 925FAS. The front outside has a border. Then also on the outside, the middle has another design like flower? w/ inset diamonds?
I have tried to find anything and cant. Please help.
kerangoumar
contributor

Silver Locket

Post by kerangoumar »

I have had contemporary silver jewellery from Italy without the usual purity or Made In markings, but FAS in sans-serif block letters inside a plain rectangular cartouche.

(today, from an eBay listing: "SIGNED: marked 925 Italy FAS")

As for the stones - Georgian jewellery had diamonds set in silver-topped metal - they loved the all-white-and-glittery appearance - and while until recently one would have been correct in saying "they don't set diamonds in silver!" there is quite a lot of it around, since the Jain in India have been cutting the diamonds that used to be considered too small to cut.
jonze420

Re: Silver Locket

Post by jonze420 »

i was just trying to find some info about my "italy, FAS, 925, also a number on the clasp, looks like 926, necklace and came across your subject. seems funny nobody knows anything about this. a fairly nice looking necklace but not terribly expensive I wouldn't think. Thanks
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver Locket

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic, with images, of your item.

Trev.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”